Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My life has never been the same since July 27, 2010.

A year ago, I woke up a different person.
I never knew what was next in my life. My whole life something was always happening. Whether I lost a family member, a friend, was diagnosed with an incurable chronic illness, then another shortly months after. I really never knew what was in front of me. 
But, one year ago today I did the best thing I could have ever done for myself. I said, yes, to Dustin Breakfield when he asked if I’d be his girlfriend. Nothing could have ever prepared for me for how he was going to change my life. Because 6 days later our relationship was tested. I lost my second best friend to suicide. Dustin held my hand while I screamed at God… Dustin held me while I shook because I never thought I’d feel this way after Briana. I always thought Jake would be there. Dustin has always remembered the date that Jake died. August 2, 2010. He never forgot a month. Everyday on the 2nd he would do everything he could to make those days tolerable.
Dustin always knows what to say to me. He knows how to tell when I don’t feel well that day. He holds me up to walk when I can’t some days. He writes for me when I can’t use my hands. He holds me when I feel like I have lost my mind because of this stupid syndrome(s). I’ve watched people walk out of my life because they didn’t know how to deal with the fact that I am sick. Sick with something that doesn’t always make me feel social. But, for one year, Dustin has been there through it all. While I cry about friends lost, people gone, family trouble, school, the fact that I have this horrible sickness. He sings to me to sleep when the only thing I could do was cry because of the pain. Dustin has been my rock for the last 365 days. I really quite honestly don’t know where I’d be if he wasn’t here. 
And I don’t ever plan to figure out what life would be without him.
I love you so much, Dustin Cole Breakfield. You’re my forever

No comments:

Post a Comment