Saturday, July 2, 2011

The first of many blogs

So, I had a great idea after reading blog after blog last night. Create my own blog. Genius, right? I know. I have   had fibromyalgia since I was 13. The medical definition of fibromyalgia is, "a common syndrome in which a person has long-term, body-wide pain and tenderness in the joints, muscles, tendons, and other soft tissues. Fibromyalgia has also been linked to fatigue, sleep problems, headaches, depression, and anxiety." They say fibro is caused by a "traumatic experience" that happens to your body. Whether it be having a bed frame dropped on you (that's mine) to have too many vaccines from being in service for years or a terrible emotional experience that shook your life. Woman from ages 14-70 suffer from this horrible syndrome. And that's another thing about fibromyalgia. Its a syndrome not a disease. I made the mistake of calling a disease myself for many months but from many hours of research I spend on my illness I soon found out it was a syndrome. Fibromyalgia is not something they have all the answers for. In fact, they have no idea why that "traumatic experience" that happened causes or triggers this horrible chronic illness. Earlier I told you the medical definition of my illness. But I'm going to tell you what my best friend Jake used to say is "Kelli's definition of suck." Fibromyalgia for me is waking up every morning feeling like I ran a marathon the night before. Fibromyalgia for me is some days taking a shower and the pellets of water that comes out of the shower feeling like needles into my muscles. Fibromyalgia for me is being not being able to go to school all day. Fibromyalgia for me is looking my boyfriend of almost a year in the eye and telling him that my body is too sensitive to his touch that day and watching the look of disappointment rise on his face. You see, fibromyalgia is something I will/would never wish on my worst enemy. Although I do not regret the fact that I do have fibromyalgia. I have met some of the greatest people on this planet of suck and became great friends with them. If I didn't have this I would have never met those people that share the same experiences as I do.  I wish I didn't have this stupid disease but if it so is God's will for me to, then I will be dang if I don't make the best out of it.

Much love and less crappy days,
Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment